A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

I think my assessment is unfair. Can I get it changed?

I think my assessment is unfair. Can I get it changed?

There are various options to change an assessment if you feel it is not fair:

Lodge an estimate of your current income if the income used in the assessment is 15% higher than what you expect to earn.

Crediting non-Agency payments made in lieu of child support such as the children’s education and medical costs.

Changes in circumstances - either parent can notify the Child Support Agency if there are changes in the care arrangements for the children, or if a payer has a new relevant dependent child, or if a child dies or enters into a de facto relationship.

A Change of Assessment Application – can be lodged if a parent believes the assessment is not just and equitable because of the special circumstances of their case. These applications are restricted to ten specific grounds of review:

  • High cost of contact.
  • Special needs of the child.
  • Agreed education costs.
  • Income or property of the child.
  • Child care costs.
  • Income, earning capacity, or property of either parent is not reflected in the assessment.
  • Self support expenses.
  • Income or property provided for the child.
  • Legal duty to support another person.
  • Additional income earned for the benefit of other resident children (eg step children)

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.