A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

When can I remarry?

When can I remarry?

A month after the court hearing, which is when a formal "Decree Nisi" is granted, you will receive what is called a Decree Absolute from the court. You need to produce this document in the event you wish to remarry. You can sometimes shorten the month. For example, you may want to remarry as your fiancee is expecting a baby. Sometimes the Decree Absolute can be shortened to 7 days or even less in appropriate cases. You will probably need legal assistance if you want to shorten the time from the Decree Nisi to the Decree Absolute.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or