A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Can I oppose a divorce?

Can I oppose a divorce?

Yes. However, if you choose to oppose the Application, you must complete and file and serve a Response to Divorce Application. A common objection is a dispute in respect to the actual date of separation.

Because there is only one basis for a divorce (i.e. - irretrievable breakdown), and how it is evidenced, contested divorces are rare. Unless the separation is less than 12 months or there is a real prospect of a reconciliation, you cannot contest a divorce. You should obtain legal advice on these matters.

Sometimes if the court is not satisfied that proper child support is being paid or that the children are not seeing both parents, a divorce can be delayed.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or