A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Am I entitled to maintenace from my ex?

Am I entitled to maintenace from my ex?

A separated person does not automatically get maintenance payments from the other spouse. A separated person who is not caring for children and who is able to support themselves will probably not be awarded maintenance.

To obtain a court order for maintenance, a spouse will generally have to prove that he or she is unable to work or cannot support him or herself properly because of old age or sickness, the need to care for children or some other reason. In addition, the person would have to show that his or her spouse is able to pay the maintenance. Unlike a married person, a person in a de facto relationship cannot claim spouse maintenance.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.