A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Change that Form Challenge

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Oct 08 #53274 by maggie
Topic started by maggie
OK - if between us we could get at least some of the stupidest things changed - the stuff we all complain about/ask for help on time and time again.
what's the worst official divorce form and why ?
You have to name the form and say what's wrong with it.
My nominations:
Form G should have massive warning triangles - HAVE YOU GOT ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED - there should be attached a checklist of information that your solicitor must complete and sign before consenting to make the First Directions Appointment an FDR hearing.
form E should have a separate but attached guidance booklet explaining every question except name /address etc.
Section 3 Financial Requirements Part 1 Income Needs
Baffling - Still can't understand it
Why doesn't it clearly ask for the income needs following divorce??
Form P the Pension Inquiry Form [obviously]
Questions 4 and 5 of section B should have space for the name of the spouse in question so that pension schemes are in no doubt they are being asked to declare how they would deal with your pension credit if/when they get the pension sharing Order

  • Ephelia
  • Ephelia's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
03 Oct 08 #53317 by Ephelia
Reply from Ephelia
Bearing in mind there are very few circumstances where a co-habitees income, assets and liabilities are relevant, form E should not ask for them.

For the occasions there is a need for this information, it should be asked for on a separate form that can be given to the person involved to fill in themselves and it should allow ample space for details of their needs, dependents etc.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11