A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Is there ANYTHING that i can do??

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Feb 08 #12921 by madaboutcars
Topic started by madaboutcars
m x2b has just told me that she is going to Germany in May and in June she is going to South Africa (family parties!!)
While i have absolutely no problem with these trips, i have asked to take my Daughter to Spain in August for one week with my partner and her children.

Quick background info for those who havent read any of my stuff - last year i asked to take daughter away and she told me and the courts that her baby (with current partner) was due in the middle of holiday (Aug 26th). Judge noticed that her maternity papers had been "tampered" with and requested x2b to contact hospital from the court room to determine actual delivery date (c section).
Actual delivery date - 3rd October !!!
Judge then allowed me to take daughter away.
Is there ANYTHING that i can do/say to be able to take my daughter away without going down the court road - as you can see x2b will stop at nothing.................

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Feb 08 #12942 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
Has your ex actually said that you can't take your daughter away in August yet? If not, maybe you should state your intention and ask her to confirm that it is OK with her at this point so you have a long time to argue your case if you have to. Ask in such a way that she has to confirm in writing - by email or text, for example. If she has already said no then probably you will have to go back to court again.

I hope she will eventually get tired of this farce and start being a bit more reasonable. Presumably the court costs will deter her in the end. And, given the history, presumably also her solicitor will start to point out that this is not a battle she is going to win.

Good luck!


  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Feb 08 #12973 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Set her up by telling her that in the absence of her written agreement by 4 pm a date 15 days later to you taking your daughter then you intend to lodge a formal application to the Court for leave and furthermore you shall endeavour to have the application listed before District Judge X (the same DJ as heard the other case).

Make it clear that you will let her have the name address telephone and fax numbers of the Hotel and that whilst away you will have your daughter ring her 3 x at pre arranged times eg 6 pm UK time.*
Also state that if you have no formal objection to her taking your daughter for the weeks she wants referred to above and you ask her to confirm she too will agree to the same arrangements *
Finally make it clear that if she proposes to object to your request you invite her to state in writing her detailed objections and if she fails to respond in writing and agree you will bring the contents of the letter to the Court on the issue of costs which would not have been incurred if she had been reasonable.

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Feb 08 #13028 by madaboutcars
Reply from madaboutcars
Hi attilladahun

Many thanks for your comments. What a fantastic idea. X2b is sending me an email (apparently) detailing her trips. When she does, I will respond with an email stating the above comments.
Hopefully it will stop her playing silly buggers.
Thanks again

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Feb 08 #13042 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008

I highly recommend you state your intentions firstly in a positive and friendly email seems preposterous that such bickering might occur if worded wrongly.

Look at her wording and respond with yours appropriately, try and try to avoid conflicting issues.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.