A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Childrens Passports

  • dooda
  • dooda's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
16 Feb 08 #14156 by dooda
Topic started by dooda
I have just separated from my wife and fear that she may remove the children from the UK for good without my permission. This would not be in their interests especially as one has special needs which can't be catered for properly in the country she would take them to.

I currently have their passports and she is demanding them.

What do I do now?

  • unic
  • unic's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
16 Feb 08 #14161 by unic
Reply from unic
I think you need to get some advice on the legalities.

In the meantime I would hold on to the passports - they wont be going anywhere without them

  • hostee
  • hostee's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
17 Feb 08 #14173 by hostee
Reply from hostee
Get an injunction against overseas travel without your permission through the court, this will stop her being able to take them out the country, she may calim the passports have also been lost and apply for new ones so be careful on that. With the injunction in place it should solve this issue for you .
good luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.