A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Parenting Programs ?

  • Pinky3
  • Pinky3's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Aug 12 #350012 by Pinky3
Topic started by Pinky3
Have posted an epic post in contact and residence giving some of the background, and have just been browsing some of the forums.

Have an L hearing in the pipeline, as well as an application for defined contact.

Ex already has a caution for assaulting my eldest daughter, with 2 further assaults under investigation.

Thinking way down the line, solicitor has included a request that ex undertake an IDAP program if the L hearing goes my way. But am wondering if there are any other court ordered programs for parenting that I could ask Ex to be ordered to do ?
He has issues around night wakenings, managing conflict amongst the children (there is very little of this when they are not with him), and is really strglling to deal with DD entering puberty and having opinions of her own.

thanks for any pointers.

  • jslgb
  • jslgb's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Aug 12 #350018 by jslgb
Reply from jslgb
One program that is mentioned on here a lot is the Parenting Information Programme (PIP). I havent been on it myself but i have been told about it from someone who has. Its basically a course that both parents attend (separately if needs be) to understand how a divorce or separation and your behaviour as a parent can affect a child.

As far as i am aware it is more abut the parents relationship with each other rather than with the children but from what i have heard it has positive outcomes and is worth at least looking into.

Hope that helps.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.