A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Wrong post. Please delete.

  • Mr Smiley
  • Mr Smiley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
10 months 3 weeks ago #508389 by Mr Smiley
Wrong post. Please delete. was created by Mr Smiley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 months 3 weeks ago #508397 by hadenoughnow
Replied by hadenoughnow on topic Re:re-negotiating , what would you do?
A consent order has to have the agreement of both parties. You can withdraw consent.

If there has not been full financial disclosure, that would potentially allow for the order to be overturned even if it was stamped by the court. It depends on whether the disclosure would have made a material difference to the settlement.

Have you had legal advice on the proposed settlement? It is impossible to comment on the fairness or otherwise of it without knowing more about your respective assets, incomes, ages, length of marriage, children etc

Child Maintenance is based on your income and is a statutory requirement. It does not need to be in an order unless the amount is much higher than the amount you would be assessed as having to pay. In any case the child maintenance element of the order is only valid for 12 months. After that you can ask for a cms assessment and revert to statutory minimum.

Your CM assessment will also be affected by the birth of your new child. You should speak to CM options about how to handle CM given your proposed paternity leave.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11