A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • comitted dad
  • comitted dad's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 May 12 #329048 by comitted dad
Topic started by comitted dad
Just a quick question I''ve been reading about the NYAS (National Youth Advocacy service) who act on behalf of children and get involved with in depth interviews and sometimes even psychology reports in the type of case Im going to have where the mother say''s the child refuses to have contact, how would

I go about getting the court to act for my kids,as its something I would like if possible to happen, would anyone know anything about this? Ive applied for a shared residence order with the courts at present I have an order to see my kids every other weekend and some of the school holidays , I have my first hearing on the 10th May and was wondering if I could ask the Judge to get them invovled.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 May 12 #330143 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
There are many reasons why a child might be resistant to contact. Has CAFCASS ascertained the wishes and feelings of the child?

NYAS are very child focused and you would really need to speak to them first to see if they are willing to take on a case.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.