A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Childrens Advocacy

  • autumn9
  • autumn9's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
19 Jul 12 #344243 by autumn9
Topic started by autumn9
In need of some advice. After three years of various interventions which have included CAMHS, S7 Report, S37 Report and CAFCASS, all of which have been different social workers, the Judge has now ordered another CAFCASS Feelings and Wishes Report and more CAMHS intervention. This will be with two new social workers. The children (aged 9 and 8) are beginning to feel emotionally drained by the whole situation as they are continually expected to cover ''old ground''with these interventions again and again. I really feel that the time has come to suggest that the children have their own advocacy to represent them. Is this possible and how do I go about insisting if I can on this? Many thanks in advance.

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Aug 12 #346632 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
the court could appoint a Guardian for the children, who would then instruct a solicitor on their behalf.

However, Cafcass is there to speak for the child. A court is only likely to apppont a Guardian if the udge, and the cafcas officer consider it appropriate, or in the event that the local authority issues Care proceedings.

The children are very young to think about separate representation (i.e. different to Cafcass / any Guardian)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11