A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

C2 - can this be used ??

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Sep 12 #358255 by madaboutcars
Topic started by madaboutcars
my ex wife is wanting to take my daughter to live in France, I applied to the Courts on a C2 and a C100 to stop her leaving without going through the courts.

At the court she handed me a C2 and in the details of the application she wrote -

I am applying for permission to relocate to France with my Daughter

My question is this - someone has told me that she cannot make an application to leave the jurisdiction on a C2 form

Is that right????

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Oct 12 #358880 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
I think the confusion is probably becuae an application is technically a freestanding application, not a s8 Order, which means that technically a C100 would be the wrong form.

If she were starting from scratch she would make her application on a CA1.

However, the court hs very wide discretion - if the Judge has accepted the applciation than focus on adressing the applciation itself,not the form it was made in.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.