A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Contact Issues. Court Needed.

  • Rose2790
  • Rose2790's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
2 years 3 months ago #502426 by Rose2790
Contact Issues. Court Needed. was created by Rose2790
My partner is having a rough time with his ex. Currently he can only see his son if ex is present. There is no reason for this whatsoever...she has tried saying he is a danger but has no proof to back this up! Just wants control by my opinion. All he is asking for is to see his son alone for a few hours every other week. I have a 9 month old daughter and don't see this as unreasonable at all. He doesn't want to see his son in her home as has been threatened by members of her family, of which there is documented evidence and doesn't want that atmosphere around his son rightly! For his birthday he is allowed an hour in the park but she has to be there...it's so frustrating! She has told him, in writing, that she will long out the mediation process to make it harder and longer to see his son. Is it best to just apply to the court after the first mediation session? Son is 2 years old and partner feels he's missed out on so much already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • .Sylvia
  • .Sylvia's Avatar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
2 years 3 months ago #502434 by .Sylvia
Replied by .Sylvia on topic Re:Contact Issues. Court Needed.
It's irrelevant what you think or feel is appropriate - it's not you that your partner has to deal with regarding seeing his child.

He is in a very difficult situation, and has facilitated his ex's control for far too long. If she won't engage, or discuss of attend mediation, then his only real option is to apply to the court for a CHild Arrangements Order. He would only need to attend the MIAM before being able to submit a C100. I would suggest that he first sets out a parenting plan that sets out the arrangements for his child, including day to day living arrangements and contact time with him.This could be used a discussion tool in mediation, and also attached to his C100 form to indicate to the Judge what it is he is hoping to achieve. Focus less on the ex, and much much more on the best interests of his child.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11