A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Xmas contact

  • SM2013
  • SM2013's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
1 year 10 months ago #505433 by SM2013
Xmas contact was created by SM2013
My ex partner has now stopped me from having any contact with my children, year 5 and 1.
What is the process of seeing them, she is saying I have to go to court.
Can anyone give me some advise, can I get an immediate order to see them ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Forseti
  • Forseti's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
1 year 10 months ago #505438 by Forseti
Replied by Forseti on topic Re:Xmas contact
Hi SM2013 and welcome to Wikivorce. This is an unpleasant but very common situation to be in and it can be a long haul; you would be unlikely to get a first hearing before February. The process is explained here: www.wikivorce.com/divorce/Step-By-Step-G...re-Arrangements.html .

Of course, you only have to go to court if your ex insists on it - it is entirely up to her if you both go down this route. What was contact like before? How long have you been separated?
Why has she changed her mind regarding contact? Is there any way you can resolve this without court - perhaps by negotiating through a trusted family member?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11