A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Any chance at all?

  • perin123
  • perin123's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 May 12 #332914 by perin123
Topic started by perin123
I know there has been a long running thread on here with regards Ltd Company''s and maintenance.

It is now over a year since my ex gave up his well paid job to start a Ltd Company with his new partner (soon to be wife) They are both directors.

According to CSA he has to pay £0 for his child as he earns less than £5 a week.

I understand from other posts that he will take out his money through the company and pay himself practically nothing so he gets away with it.

How can that be right? How can someone who doesn''t earn more than £5 a week pay bills,rent,food,clothes,run a car,buy new expensive things,pay for a wedding and a holiday????

I am left to pay everything for our son,it makes me so angry that a parent can just walk away and think it is fine.:angry::angry::angry:

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 May 12 #332923 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Perin nave you thought of asking the new member "child maintenance options" if anything can be done, the problem is those who are self employed can be hard to nail down as to what they really earn, and it is true some will have their income payed to a company often off shore that they then take loans from, they call it tax efficiency i call i dodgy, i think i read that the powers that be are keen to stop some of these sharp practices but right now they are legal, i would at least pm CMO and see what he has to say.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 May 12 #332931 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
IF you think your ex has income which the main calculation didn''t take into account have you applied to the CSA for a variation? Diversion of income and lifestyle inconsistent with declared means are grounds for a variation.

  • AbsentFather
  • AbsentFather's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
25 May 12 #332951 by AbsentFather
Reply from AbsentFather
CSA scams as far as I am aware consist of:

1. Start your own limited company and listing your new girlfriend/boyfriend as your partner. Only they then take any money out of the business. Hence no income for the ex and the partner pays for everything and gives them cash.

2. Quit your job, get a P45, rent a flat overseas and then show the P45 and rental agreement to the CSA and they close your case. Then make sure no one tells your ex that you are back in the UK and working

3. Job hopping. Make it impossible for the CSA to know who your employer is and if necessary have mutiple umbrella companies that you work through and swap them every few weeks.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11