A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Ex and I claim CSA

  • thingy01
  • thingy01's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Jun 12 #339288 by thingy01
Topic started by thingy01

I have a child lives with me and other two children with ex.
I am hoping to secure CB for the one lives with me, ex has CB for the other two. So, question;
Can I claim CSA for child who lives with me whilst ex claims for other two?

Just to clarify, if ex would discuss money then I would much rather have a Family Arrangement.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jun 12 #339290 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona

  • Child Maintenance Options
  • Child Maintenance Options's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 Jul 12 #341343 by Child Maintenance Options
Reply from Child Maintenance Options

Thanks for the post. If your ex-partner has 2 children and you have 1 and you both claim child benefit for the children living with you, then you can claim child maintenance for the 1 child who lives with you. To get an indication of what your payments might be for the 2 children living with your ex-partner, use the Wikivorce child maintenance calculator

If you could discuss child maintenance with your ex-partner, then family-based arrangements are easier to set-up, more flexible in that they can change when one parent’s circumstances change and do not have to be just about money. They also do not involve the CSA.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11