A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Believe ex is lying to CSA so I get nothing

  • Jean Dark
  • Jean Dark's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Aug 12 #351875 by Jean Dark
Topic started by Jean Dark
Been with CSA for about a year now, it took them about 6 months to set up DEO in the first instance as ex is only doing agency driving work and not doing permanent regular hours. Anyway, finally they worked it out and things were going well until he had a shoulder operation earlier this year. Since then, I have had no payments despite him being on SSP. CSA contacted me 2 days ago to say I would get £5 p/w for period of SSP, which apparently was Feb-May 12. Then he alleges he was ''living on his partner''s'' earnings from May to Aug, when I''m pretty sure he has been driving for another agency. He also claims that from beginning of this month he has become a director of his own company he runs from home (his partner''s house) and at present does not earn enough to draw a salary so continues to live on her wages. As he lives hundreds of miles away and I have no links to the area I havce no way of finding out if he is lying or not, but I strongly suspect he is working for an agency that the CSA do not have details of and that the company he has declared is his little side-line of making fishing bait in the garden shed. I asked the CSA if they would check with Inland Revenue to see if he is working but they are happy with the information he has given and sees no need to check.

They have 2 cars, one his and one hers, they have recently built a large koi pond(and have bought several £50 fish for it) and are in the process of building another and going on holiday at the beginning of September. Knowing what she does I do not believe she earns sufficient to support him as well, but I cannot get the proof. Short of hiring a Private Investigator I cannot do anything.

Has anyone else had similar problems with CSA and what can you suggest I do?

  • ascatfish
  • ascatfish's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Sep 12 #353243 by ascatfish
Reply from ascatfish
My suggestion is, gather as much evidence as you can and present it to the CSA. If they are still unco-operative, contact your MP. they have a direct line to the CSA and specific people there who know their stuff far more than your run-of-the-mill CSA staff . You are far more likely to get taken seriously by this route - Ive just been successful using this route with my ex :)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.