A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • Janine7
  • Janine7's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
12 Sep 12 #355487 by Janine7
Topic started by Janine7
I separated from my husband 4 years ago. We have been divorced for 1. He originally agreed to pay 100 a month maintainence this lasted about 6 months since then I have received nothing. I have never contacted the CSa as my divorce was so horrible and bitter I couldn''t cope with anymore falling out.
He does buy the children things but this is of no help to me as anything he buys he won''t allow to be brought to my house. I buy all uniforms, shoes coats etc and pay for everything. He has them 2 nights out of 14 and gives them tea a few times a week.
I''m scared of applying to the CSa for fear if it causing me more hassle plus a fear of him then demanding to have the children more than he has already.
That said I desperately need the money.
Any advice appreciated

  • Child Maintenance Options
  • Child Maintenance Options's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
12 Sep 12 #355502 by Child Maintenance Options
Reply from Child Maintenance Options

Thanks for your post.

All parents have a legal responsibility to financially support their child. I understand that it''s a difficult situation but I would urge you to try and sort things out amicably with your husband, as a family-based arrangement (without the involvement of the CSA or the courts) are usually the best option for everyone involved. If you feel that you want to proceed with child maintenance, without having contact with your children''s father, you can do this using the Child Support Agency (CSA). CSA is the Governments statutory child maintenance service, they can calculate, collect and enforce on a parents behalf. For more information about maintenance there is help available from the Child Maintenance Options Service. You can find tips and support at www.cmoptions.org, or you can speak to someone in confidence by calling 0800 988 0988.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11