A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Ex asking for school extra expenses of laptop,school lunch etc though paying CMS

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
11 Sep 21 #517693 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Dont forget that CM is also used towards the cost of providing a home, including bills and other stuff not directly connected with school.
Do you have a financial Consent Order in place? Unless that sets out a requirement for you to pay or contribute to additional costs, there is no obligation for you to do so. I appreciate that is easier said than done when you don't want to disadvantage or disappoint your child(ren).


  • caringfather
  • caringfather's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Sep 21 - 12 Sep 21 #517695 by caringfather
Reply from caringfather
Thank you for the responses. Yes I have a child arrangement order and also a Consent Order in place. The only thing mentioned in the child order is that 'The parents agree that they are each responsible for the child care costs (e.g. childminder, before/after school care) in the time that <daughter's name> spends with them'
This clause was added where I agreed to pay for the days (143 days in a year) where my child would stay with me and if I have to utilize the breakfast club/after school club or holiday clubs.
What she is arguing is that the above clause also includes the school lunches for these 143 days which is not the case as this clause was for childcare only. She is also arguing that as I have the 143 days of my daughter's care with with me in a year, I should be paying for the lunches for the days when I drop my daughter to school. She says that the CMS amount I pay to her is for the days my daughter stays with her so I should pay for the school lunches for the days my daughter stays with me. I cant believe that she is not ready to pay school lunches for the daughter when she gets such a big monthly amount.
I am trying to understand legally that am I liable to pay for my daughter’s school lunches for the days (143 days in a year) she stays with me.
Should I again take legal advice on this? I want to ensure I am doing everything legally right and not violating any law.
Last edit: 12 Sep 21 by caringfather.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11