A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

formalising child support

  • honeysuckle
  • honeysuckle's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Jan 08 #10409 by honeysuckle
Topic started by honeysuckle
Hi wonder if anyone could give advice, divorced, ex husband pays min child support based on csa website calc, which is actually less than he agreed to pay in the Separation Agreement drafted and signed at solicitors by both of us. can i enforce the sep agreement amt? He is thinking of moving abroad soon, should i get something done re soliciors before he goes to protect the payments he sends?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Jan 08 #10413 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Need to know if the agreement was made in England& Wales or Scotland, and if it's the later whether or not it was registered. Also which country your ex is thinking of moving to and if he will be working for a UK company.

  • Monitor441
  • Monitor441's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Jan 08 #10414 by Monitor441
Reply from Monitor441

How long since the agreement was signed?

Once 12 months has elapsed since the agreement has been signed he can go to the CSA and have CM paid at their rates via them, so there is very little you can do. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11