A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Getting sole custody/responsibility of my child

  • neverending
  • neverending's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Jan 08 #10685 by neverending
Topic started by neverending
I am hoping someone may be able to assist with my query with regards to sole custody/responsibility of child/children. When I completed the petition I originally filled in the child arrangements form for my husband to have my son every other weekend. Unfortunately certain things have come to light and I would not be happy for this to now happen at this moment in time.
My husband has verbally agreed that I can have sole custody of our child so long as I do not prevent him access to our child. I have no intention to prevent access, but would not feel happy at this time for my husband to have him all weekend.
Can someone best advice how I go about getting sole custody/responsibility of our child. Is it a case of having an agreement drafted by my solicitor, will this be enough.
Where do I stand on going abroad on holiday, will I still require husbands permission if I have sole custody/responsibility for our child?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Jan 08 #10697 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
In most cases there is NO NEED for eithe W or H to have a Residence Order (Custody)

Both parties have PR (Parental Responsibility) and equal rights

"Unfortunately certain things have come to light and I would not be happy for this to now happen at this moment in time." what are the brief concerns?

I believe you are approaching the issue the wrong way.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.