A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Contact order / First Directions Hearing

  • geekdaddy
  • geekdaddy's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Jun 07 #1085 by geekdaddy
Topic started by geekdaddy
Hi All,

My wife left 8 weeks ago taking my two children (2 and 5) and has not allowed me any contact at all with them. I dont know where they are and my son has been taken out of school. I have a court hearing very soon. Has anyone been through this that can offer any info on what happens. My main concen is that I have been warned that even though she will be put under pressure to give me some contact, if she refuses there is nothing the court can do at this stage to get me contact. It can then take 6 months for CAFCASS to write a report and get back to court. Sorry for long post.

  • Princess Fiona
  • Princess Fiona's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Jul 07 #1120 by Princess Fiona
Reply from Princess Fiona
The point about a directions hearing is for the judge to decide how to proceed. Depending on the circumstances he/she might think a CAFCASS report isn't warranted or order interim arrangements whilst the report is being compiled. If the judge doesn't order interim arrangements there is a possiblility the CAFCASS officer may propose something after meeting you and your ex.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.