A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Ex has decided to reduce payments

  • angelj35
  • angelj35's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Jan 08 #11831 by angelj35
Topic started by angelj35
I have 3 children and my ex pays £700 PM which he has now decided to reduce to £500.

I reckon he earns net about 41k but he has 3 children with his new partner.

Does this sound like a fair amount?

Any help or pointers, not sure what to do.

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Jan 08 #11837 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
CSA is 25% of H net income......

  • Frenchconnection
  • Frenchconnection's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Jan 08 #11840 by Frenchconnection
Reply from Frenchconnection
You can go to the CSA online calculator and work it out. It depends on the number of nights per year that he has your children overnight, but assuming it is once a week or less, and assuming the £41K is net, not gross, then he needs to pay you £148 per week, so £500 pcm sounds about right.

  • Monitor441
  • Monitor441's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Jan 08 #11842 by Monitor441
Reply from Monitor441
Does he pay money to you - spousal maintenance aswell as child maintenance?


  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
25 Jan 08 #11871 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW
Sadly, I think that the fact he has 3 children with his new partner has a bearing on how much he has to pay you. Possibly you would get 25% of 75% of his net owing to the fact that he has 3 children in his household too. Although i have also heard that you may get a 50% split of 25% of his full net amount.

Sorry if that sounds confusing!

Best to ring up the CSA and have a chat I think, even if you don't go through them to get your CM payments they can tell you how they would work out CM in your situation.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards, Sarah

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11