A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

does he have to pay maintainance?

  • doodles
  • doodles's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Feb 08 #12521 by doodles
Reply from doodles
thanx all for yr replies, this forum is a godsend x

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Feb 08 #12551 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
It most certainly is Doodles, by the way do you like the tweenies, have to say I am 52 and I do...funny old world

Yes it most certainly is a godsend site and all are thankful to the founder Mr Ian Rispin Well Done

It can only get better and better not even a year old

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Feb 08 #12557 by madaboutcars
Reply from madaboutcars
here here !!

  • mike62
  • mike62's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Feb 08 #12558 by mike62
Reply from mike62

here here !!

Where? :laugh:

Joking apart, Saint Ian should get an award for this site

It has kept a lot of people sane (and some insane - you know who you are! ;)) over the last few months.

Thanks again Ian

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Feb 08 #12622 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
The cost of applying for interim maintenance could be as follows:-
Court fee £300
Prep of form E and attending hearing say £800
If applicant is working and clearly co habiting with another waged person
Would you think it cost effective to get a 5p order even if that could later be varied by repeating the process and expense!!
I don't think that is good value - I'd rather a holiday!!!

In the case involved

Clearly child maintenance should be paid...apply to CSA -your co hab is irrelevant....

BUT because spouse is on a very high wage over £70K you CAN apply to the County Court for a top - up order
Of couse if you wish you could at the same time seek a 50 SM order if you are going to the trouble of applying to the Court.

Usually a solr will work out the CSA calc and up it somewhat for the top up and seek in a letter agreement from the H to pay within 14 days

If not I threaten to apply to Court and seek costs if the plonk doesn't pay.

After 14 days I issue application ......usually at the hearing if the CSA hasn't been dealt with the DJ will order a global sum which will give the absent parent credit for CSA assesment
H will likely have to pay all your costs!!!!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11