A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Absent Parent - Child support ?

  • tsitsi
  • tsitsi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Feb 08 #13136 by tsitsi
Topic started by tsitsi
My Ex wife and I seperated 2 years ago and have been divorced 1 year. Due to her adultery.

I have custody of the children and although she has unrestricted access and does not work she sees them every other weekend when they stay over with her for 2 days 1 night.

She now says she is entitled to payment from me for their food when they stay over, she also thinks I should pay for any clothes/toys she may want to buy them when they are with her and money to take them on holiday.

Is this true ?


  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Feb 08 #13142 by Angel557
Reply from Angel557
So you get £5 p/w from her as she does'nt work, no you do not have to give her the money to supply the children with food when she has them never heard of that before and if my ex (if he had the kids ) asked me to do that i would feel very insulted , i can understand for her money is very restricted to be able to buy them nice things and to take them on holiday , that is something that could be decided between the both of you.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Feb 08 #13144 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Under CSA rules there is a deduction to CM for the number of overnights children stay with the NRP, but if she doesn't pay CM then it won't apply.

  • tsitsi
  • tsitsi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Feb 08 #13185 by tsitsi
Reply from tsitsi
Thanks for your replies Angel and fiona you have put my mind at rest.

I get no support whatever from my ex and have never asked for it nor am I involved with the CSA. I was just a bit miffed when she asked me for support although I will happily give them pocket money etc if they go away on Holiday.

Thanks again,:)


  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
07 Feb 08 #13197 by Elle
Reply from Elle
Fiona and Angel are correct.
I think your x is chancing her luck. My x sought CSA from me when I was rehoused and my needs for furniture and assistance to provide beds etc for the kids when they stayed were considered my responsibility, even although pro rata he had 10 times more disposable income than me.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.