A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • Blueberry
  • Blueberry's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Sep 07 #2976 by Blueberry
Topic started by Blueberry
My ex-husband reduced the maintenance payment for my daughter by £250 last month. I have asked him why but he refuses to reply. The likely explanation is that he has withheld the money in lieu of her GCSE exam fees. She goes to an independent school and he has agreed to pay the school fees. However, he decided he wouldn't pay the exam fees - I am on a low income as a full time student - and couldn't pay. So he has paid then reduced her maintenance to recoup the money. Effectively he has made his daughter pay her own fees :ohmy:! I have reluctantly gone to the CSA to try to prevent this happening again. Unfortunately my ex is self employed and takes dividends from his company as opposed to wages. Anyone offer any advice on the best way to deal with this? :(

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Sep 07 #3698 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
It all depends what the current court order or agreement is.

Is he paying the school fees under a Consent Order? or voluntarily?

If you go to the CSA and wind him up....might he stop paying the school fees (which must be 10,000 a yearish??) plus the monthly maintenance.

Tread carefully, as you say if he is self employed he has some flexibility to control his income and getting the CSA involved could backfire.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11