A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Taxable Expenses & Staying Away Allowance

  • witsend66
  • witsend66's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Apr 12 #321794 by witsend66
Topic started by witsend66
Can anyone help.

I am working away from home and my accommodation and living costs are paid monthly with my salary. Will the CSA award a percentage to my ex even though these are out of pocket expenses that I would not being incurring if I wasn''t working away.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Kind regards


  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Apr 12 #321797 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
If you pay tax on the allowances they are classed as income. if you dont pay tax on them they are not included in csa calculations.

My partner gets a car allowance, half is taxable and is included in the csa calculation, the other half isnt. His petrol expenses are not included because he doesnt pay tax on these.

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 Apr 12 #321924 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
If they are out of pocket expenses they wont be taxable and wont be classed as income. if they are a benefit they will be taxable and included in your assessment.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11