A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

at a loss!!! how to get a tribunal for csa?

  • nicholson
  • nicholson's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Apr 12 #326274 by nicholson
Topic started by nicholson
In brief,

Only ever received £5.00 weekly for the last 6 years approx in child support. I gave up a long time ago an couldn''t really be bothered to dispute or argue the case.

The recently I received a letter from the csa stating I would receive now £27. per calender month.
I called them and asked why etc, apparently he has been self employed since April 2011 and it ha s taken the csa agency this long to put a schedule in place. They then explained that in May 2012 they will ask the Inland revenue for an income based disclosure, as they need to wait for the self assessments to be looked at. I thought ok this makes sense.

payments were suppose to commence early April and still nothing.
Upon speaking to them today they haven''t even collected the payment and now they tell me that there policy is this.

" we don not as an agency pursue Inland Revenue Income Disclosure on any more than one occasion, once we have done it once regardless of how long they have been self employed for we do not obtain this information again"

I was dumb founded - so does that mean people can earn a huge amount over time but no assessment can be pursued?? surely this cannot be right?

I have never asked for anything and nor has he provided anything for our Daughter not even a xmas present etc.

I am now appealing although the csa said there decision would remain.

Surely they are allowed to obtain info from the Inland revenue yearly.

Please can some one help, we are already in court tomorrow, I did try to see if I can get the court involved but a legal rep said I could not do that? why is that?

What exactly can I do then?? I am at a loss ans sick of everything. very very down at mo.. sorry for moaning peeps

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Apr 12 #326276 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Court cannot get involved as they do not have jurisdiction.

If you are unhappy with a CSA decision you can appeal within a month of that decision using an appeal form. This will then lead to a tribunal.

  • nicholson
  • nicholson's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Apr 12 #326279 by nicholson
Reply from nicholson
Yes that is what I am trying to do now just completed my letter.

Thanks x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.