A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

maintenence for disabled adults

  • Tets
  • Tets's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
13 Sep 12 #355701 by Tets
Reply from Tets
I wonder if the National Youth Advocacy Service would be able to help your son?

  • emis
  • emis's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Oct 12 #360866 by emis
Reply from emis
Dear Soulruler,

You can get good advice and support from the citizens advice bureau to find what sort of financial and practical support is available.
Also , some of the national and local Downs S support groups will have information and may even have members who have dealt with similar situations.
Do you have the input of the social services to see if they can support you? Is your house adequately adapted etc for your sons needs?
Would it be worth seeing your general practitioner(or his , I mean) to see if he/she can offer some advice or support?
There must be some provision financially that your ex HAS to make to help you to support your son as this is a long term commitment.
Best wishes and hugs xxx

  • soulruler
  • soulruler's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Oct 12 #361207 by soulruler
Reply from soulruler
Social services are supporting my son and some of their reports have been submitted to court but no conclusions yet as I am still awaiting adjudication.

He does qualify for legal aid but at present for some reason I cannot get any family lawyer to represent him I think because of the complexity of my case as my ex keeps making claim after claim against my whole family and for a long time now my small money divorce has not been in family courts, we are in a very scary place that being Queens Bench and the same jurisdiction as the recent Abu Hanza trial High Court, RCJ, Queens Bench.

To say depressed today is an understatement as I have been trying to escape from my ex now for 5 years and there are a lot of parties now involved in my small money divorce who are sueing my via UK Courts:(

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11