A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

UK Tax & NI Laws - any experts out there???

  • finallyhere
  • finallyhere's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Oct 12 #361358 by finallyhere
Topic started by finallyhere
Hi guys,

You may have seen my post earlier about being a citizen of 2 countries. In it I mentioned a new development in my ongoing case to try and obtain child support from my ex husband, father of our three children.

CSA have told me that Im to get a nil assessment as they are satisfied that he does not pay tax and NI in this country as he is employed by a company overseas.

My question therefore, in what circumstances is this allowable?? He lives in the UK, he does not spend periods of time working abroad. Can you really live in UK, access the NHS, claim benefits if you do not pay tax or NI on earnings that you are receiving here in the UK??

He is a UK citizen by birth but has a nigerian passport although not born there. He''s lived here for most of his adult life and resides here.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for more information I''d much appreciate it. I shall be writing to my MP to find out how this can be allowed to happen.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.