A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Defind contact or residency???

  • tiesys
  • tiesys's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
15 Oct 07 #4727 by tiesys
Topic started by tiesys

When my wife left in December, she took my two daughters with her (they will be 9 and 10 by next month); she left our 14 year old son with me.

Now that the divorce is underway I am at a crossroad in terms of whether I apply to get my girls back with me or just to apply for defined contact.

At the moment, my wife has stopped all contact between me and the girls because "she doesn't want me asking them about her private life" which I don't think is a good enough reason.

My main argument is that as I don't want my children to be split in this way because they should be a family unit, and seeing as my son will not go and live with his mother, the only option would be for the girls to come and live with me.

Does anyone have an opinion on how the courts would view the options and what might the likely outcome would be??

Many thanks in advance


  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Oct 07 #4731 by madaboutcars
Reply from madaboutcars
If this goes down the Court road, then CAFCASS will be involved and the fact that your children are of an age where they can make their own decisions, then their views will be taken into account. But with your wife making silly excuses for you not to see your girls, maybe she will convince them to see things her way and discourage them from seeing you. To be honest, im only going from what ive picked up on this site, maybe someone else might be able to make things clearer for you:)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11