A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

child custody

  • vandacota
  • vandacota's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Nov 07 #5688 by vandacota
Topic started by vandacota
i'm brazilian, married with a brazilian/british citizen. I'm thinking about divorce, would like to know if I do, i have rights to go back to brazil with my baby.

  • mike62
  • mike62's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Nov 07 #5691 by mike62
Reply from mike62
I would say that if your husband consents to you taking the baby abroad, it's OK. Or if you formally apply for custody of the child through the courts and are successful, it's OK. But to do it without consent would be considered as kidnapping and a very serious matter.

Be very careful and take advice from a solicitor.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11