A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Planning a weekend away from MH help needed??

  • moonstar04
  • moonstar04's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
14 Nov 07 #6658 by moonstar04
Topic started by moonstar04
In the middle of divorce as you know, both myself and s2bx are still in the marital home.

My friends are all getting ready to party with the Christmas office do's around the corner and I have been invited to two events so far in the city which I do not know whether or not to attend.

I want to go, believe me I need to laugh and have a good time, but both would involve a night away from home and my children. I know my ex would be here, but my concern is that it may be seen to be detrimental to me as I have stated I am (statement of arrangements) the primary carer for my kids?

Does anyone know of anything that says if I stay away for a night will my ex have brownie points against me in any residency order that he may later start. He is already stating that he wants to stay in the mh with the kids and believe me I am going nowhere either, but something has to give somewhere along the way surely??

Any of you been in a similar situation?


Mooonstar xx

  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Nov 07 #6664 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
Hi Moon
i was in mh before i left and had many a weekend away... glad i did cos he never has kids now. You are entitled to a life and it wont go against you
get your glad rags on and go for it..do you good
love loobs x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.