A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

wife is lying to makeme leave

  • rkowski
  • rkowski's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
03 Dec 07 #8352 by rkowski
Topic started by rkowski
i need some serious help
i foun out my wife was havn an fair over a week ago i found a moboil hne with txtson it confronted her ad she amtted it she movd out with my 2 kids t her mums, tere hnever been ay violence involved and iwant them all to move back in........she is refusing o move bac and wants me out and meto ay the whole mortgage, if i lose my house i losemy job due to fsa reglations, se says sh is wiling to lie to gain occupation order, i have done nothing wrong but allow her to fall out of love with me

  • tigstheterror
  • tigstheterror's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Dec 07 #8484 by tigstheterror
Reply from tigstheterror
My advice is don't leave, there is no law that says you have to until you get proper legal advice,stand your ground,without being argumentative in front of the kids, and stay.
Get advice as soon as possible and you may have to try mediation to hammer out all the issues that will come your way,i.e divorce,who has the house ,who buys who out etc. I know it will hurt,understatement and it will be a rough ride but you need advice and quick.
Good luck,take care,Tigs

  • JLGsDad
  • JLGsDad's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
05 Dec 07 #8487 by JLGsDad
Reply from JLGsDad
I'd advise you to get a digital recorder & phone accessory (mine cost about £40 from Amazon).
I recorded my wife with one and it gave me a great deal of evidence to refute her allegations she was plotting. Did wonders for me - scared her off making things up.
Breathe deep, relax and keep things as calm as you can.

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Dec 07 #8523 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
But bear in mind that while the kids are with your wife at her mum's their lives are being disrupted and it might be better for them in the long run if you are going to split up anyway if she moved back with them and you moved out. It isn't good for you, but it is worth thinking about what it is like for them.

If they are used to being looked after mainly by their mum they will need that stability. Try to make things as easy for them as possible if you can.


  • Monster
  • Monster's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
06 Dec 07 #8545 by Monster
Reply from Monster

I know where your coming from about the children but have to disagree with your point of view. This man through no fault of his own may be left homeless and his reputation marred by his ex wife trying to leaver him from his home by any means possible. His children do deserve to have stability but that stability could just as easily be with him at home as well as with at another location with her. I don’t know his circumstances but at present the children have a home and some stability where they live now and don’t forget it was her choice to have an affair and walk away.

My advice would be to speak to a solicitor as soon as you can and record/log everything with times etc. If you can; save any texts where she is threatening to make things up as these can and do have some evidential weight should it go to court.

Good luck..


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.