A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Habitation Orders

  • acheetham
  • acheetham's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
13 Mar 08 #16723 by acheetham
Topic started by acheetham
What rights do a habitation order give me? Are they easy to get?

I've been awarded a Decree Nisi. Ex hubby only comes to house occasionally (he's joint owner) but causes stress all round when he's here.

Can we prevent him entering?
Can he take exception to my visitors?

Thanks for any info


  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Mar 08 #16728 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
In extreme circumstances if your husband is pestering or harassing you might apply for a non molestation or occupation order, otherwise press on as quickly as possible to reach a settlement. You could arrange for him to collect his possessions and change the locks to stop him coming in, although strictly speaking he is entitled to.

  • gorgeous
  • gorgeous's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Mar 08 #16731 by gorgeous
Reply from gorgeous
I got locks changed cos my eldest boy who is 16 didnt want to see his dad. I was told if you are in fear for your safety you can change locks. Fear can include verbal abuse especially in front of the children.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11