A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

right to share marital home during divorce

  • 71Berrbuck
  • 71Berrbuck's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Mar 08 #16843 by 71Berrbuck
Topic started by 71Berrbuck
My husband moved out and I am divorcing him and have changed the locks. Can he insist on moving back in as the house is half his?.

  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Mar 08 #16845 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
I moved out with kids my x2b changed locks etc and have had no access to house (still have goods kids stuff etc in there) I believe i can gain entry but must pay for damage, is it worth that
ask legal advice re residency as to keep him out

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
15 Mar 08 #16848 by Elle
Reply from Elle
He can move back in if there is no Court order to the contrary.

  • curlygirly
  • curlygirly's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Mar 08 #16865 by curlygirly
Reply from curlygirly
I did the same thing. He was bashing on about the house being half his. Legally he can - but with us , practicalities turn out that it becomes unworkable anyway.

He said that he had the right to have the house for a certain time and that I was to vacate it at a certain time so that he and whoever he wanted could spend time and he would still pay half the morgtage.

So I told him to stick it and stop paying the mortage. I've had to pay his half and take on another job to do it but I've been doing it for 7 months now and its not that bad.

They just love throwing their weight around. Keep the doors locked at all times and he will soon get bored.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11