A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Residency and Contact

  • hawthorn13
  • hawthorn13's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Mar 12 #319638 by hawthorn13
Topic started by hawthorn13
Hi, I''m divorced and have a full permanent residence order for our child of this marriage. Contact order now null and void as we reconciled for over 6 months before splitting for good. Since November 2009, my ex-husband has seen our child about 8 times, the first period was after 14 months of no contact - this contact lasted 3 months, the second period came some 9 months later and was just a 20 minute visit on xmas day. He did buy our child a mobile phone during the first period and also rang him regularly. The woman he had an affair with and now lives with doesn''t wish him to have any form of contact with myself and therefore he can not (his words) see our child unless I send him to their home in a taxi and he is returned the same way! Ex also changed his mobile number at that point as she didn''t like our child ringing him. My question is, as I have a residency order and am planning on moving away (ex lives 2 minutes away - upsets our child seeing him around but not having contact), do I have to inform him of where we are going and give him any details .... I''ve tried a legal approach to contact and a civil approach ... tired of seeing our child upset over this and feel it would be better for him if he doesn''t keep seeing him around .... ex also visits our neighbours regularly, this also upsets our child. Anyone know the legal position as to what if anything, I have to inform him of? Thank you.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.