A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Some help needed for me for a change!?

  • Emma8485
  • Emma8485's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323482 by Emma8485
Topic started by Emma8485
Hi Wikis

My girls just spet 4 days with their dad for Easter, collected them this morning and littlest produced her Fisher Price camera that she had for Xmas and tells me that her dad made her delete all the photos that included my partner. She was crying and really upset and kept saying "Mummy I cant ever get them back"

I thought for a bit as I was really cross, then sent him a text which said that I didnt think he should have done it, he has met someone else and I treat her with respect where the girls are concerned and I dont know why he feels he cant do the same. I said our littlest is quite upset and i wont send her camera with her again.

He responded saying "I have no idea what you are talking about and if you make any more false accusations I WILL involve the police" Dont ever text me again.

Im a bit dumbfounded, dont know what to do with that! We usually text quite amicably!

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
13 Apr 12 #323487 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Leave it.

You''ve made your point and he knows how you feel. He probably knows how your daughter feels too.

His over reaction may be because he knows it was a wrong thing to do, he may well have regretted it immediately but like your daughter says you can never get them back.

Text him again about something nice when the need arises but don''t mention the camera again.

  • happyagain
  • happyagain's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323494 by happyagain
Reply from happyagain
I would give him a wide berth for a while. Enough for him to get the message that you don''t think much of him right now. He probably does realise he''s in the wrong but you don''t know what''s going on behind the scenes so be careful.
It''s ridiculous to think that the police would get involved over allegations involving a fisher price camera!! So, don''t send the girls over with anything for some time and completely ignore him. That should work! (always works for me when my ex does something stupid ;))

  • somuch2know2
  • somuch2know2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323498 by somuch2know2
Reply from somuch2know2
What a jerk, but I agree with the others- He clearly knows he was a jerk and is trying to deflect this. Just his stupid police comment as photo deletion accusation ranks pretty low compared to those of child molestation and abuse, but above all be thankful you dont have to deal with his ignorance on a daily basis

  • JayneEyre
  • JayneEyre's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323507 by JayneEyre
Reply from JayneEyre
Hi Emma

Some adults really ought to grow up & act their age not their shoe size.

But don’t despair there is software available that will deep scan & recover lost photo’s so you can put the smile back on your little ones face. She was obviously very proud of the pic’s she had taken on her own camera.

I have used the software myself when I inadvertently deleted some photo’s of my nieces 18th Birthday. Not sure what it was called but it was a disc that I purchased in boots. It works well & I even unearthed some self-portraits that my ex had been attempting to add to his dating site profile B)


JE :)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.