A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Cafcass - Case File

  • witsend66
  • witsend66's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
13 Apr 12 #323508 by witsend66
Topic started by witsend66
My ex has changed courts to avoid getting the same Cafcass Officer, she said the last one disliked her.

This is a new hearing in which my ex hopes to reduce my contact, will the new Cafcass Officer request the original case file from the previous officer, does anyone know?


  • Emma8485
  • Emma8485's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323537 by Emma8485
Reply from Emma8485
Hi the Cafcass Officer doesnt depend on the court unless its miles away, there are only so many Cafcass officers and I am told that it depends on the area in which the child lives, I would also think if a Cafcass officer is familiar with the case then it may not be changed.

I thought the court had to give permission for a change to another court so she must have given a better reason than that?


  • witsend66
  • witsend66's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Apr 12 #324080 by witsend66
Reply from witsend66
The solicitors letter states the the case has been moved from the local magistrates court to the local family court at the request of her client. It doesn''t mention anything about having to apply to the court for permission or requesting permission from me.
Although the distance is close the local family court seem to be represented by a different branch of Cafcass. The letter that came from Cafcass to say they would be doing a report for the courts came from Coventry where as I attended Northampton Cafcass offices when the original report was done.
It doesn''t detail why she is changing courts I am just presuming because the previous outcome was not as she had hoped and she blamed that on the Cafcass Officer who handled the case.
I am self repping this time because I just cant afford to do all the travelling and pay for a solicitor, so any advise would be great.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.