A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

New Contact order

  • Mr Man
  • Mr Man's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Apr 12 #324746 by Mr Man
Topic started by Mr Man
Since my son has reached the age of 2 he now stays with me every other weekend for the whole weekend. The current contact order is out of date so I wish for a new one to be drawn up to mirror the current arrangements.
His mother agrees with the new contact details but we both agree that we should get a new contact order in place for all parties involved.I would rather try and sort it out without the use of a solicitor as money is tight.
Do i need to fill in a form C100? and will we both need to attend court? even though we both agree.
Any information would be of use. Thanks

  • Emma8485
  • Emma8485's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 12 #324755 by Emma8485
Reply from Emma8485
Hi if you both agree then I dont know why you feel that you need an order? It all sounds quite amicable and the court have a "no order" principle.

Additionally court time is costly and precious with peopole waiting weeks for hearings so if you dont need to go to the effort and expense then you could manage without one?

But yes c100 is the application form.

  • MissTish1
  • MissTish1's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
18 Apr 12 #324773 by MissTish1
Reply from MissTish1
I agree with Emma. If things are amicable and you both agree with the contact arrangements then there is no need to go back to Court. If in the future you want to increase contact further and incorporate things like holidays, Christmases etc and your ex doesn''t agree, then you could apply to vary your existing contact order.

  • Joe2020
  • Joe2020's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
18 Apr 12 #324777 by Joe2020
Reply from Joe2020
The C100 is really only if the ex won;t agree.
In your situation I would get a solicitor to draw up a contact agreement which he would then send to the court and ask for this to be converted to a legally binding Consent Order.
I expect he will need to quote your court case number from before.

A C100 is around £250 which shouldn''t be much different from what a solicitor would cost.

On the other hand I''m wondering if you could by-pass a solicitor and draw up your own contact agreement and send this to court.

You need to try and find out.

  • Mr Man
  • Mr Man's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Apr 12 #324793 by Mr Man
Reply from Mr Man
unfortunately the situation is far from amicable, and his mother has on more than one occasion threatened with reverting back to the original contact order. Like Joe2020 has mentioned maybe I could draw the agreement up myself and send it to the court direct for a new ammended contact order. But how I go about this i''m not sure, Maybe a phone call to the familys court might shed light on it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.