A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

No residence order in place

  • 1946
  • 1946's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Apr 12 #324848 by 1946
Topic started by 1946
Have an agreement drawn up through my solicitor signed by mother of my son,she demands changes all the time if I don''t agree she refuses me access is this a legal agreement? and is she allowed to do these demands No residence order in place so would I be able to keep my son to live with me?

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Apr 12 #324939 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Just refusing to return your son is a very antagonistic act. It will put you in bad odour with the court and will damage permanently your dealings with your ex. What you would be better advised to do is to apply for a defined contact order. Your agreement isn''t legally binding but it would be something the court would take into account as setting a bench mark. A court order is binding, although enforcement is not always straightforward.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11