A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

some help please

  • MaxWan
  • MaxWan's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
15 May 12 #330679 by MaxWan
Topic started by MaxWan

I have recently married and moved 100 miles away from my ex partner. When I moved my ex partner agreed to meet half way to do the hand overs for our daughter, however they are now saying its costing them too much in petrol and they want me to collect my daughter on friday (200 miles round trip) and then return her on Sunday again with a 200 mile round trip.

I am going to submit a c100 very soon and was wondering if anyone had experience of the courts making orders which stated parents meet halfway for the hand overs even if one party refuses. We both don''t work and I am struggling as I get no benefits as my new partner works, also I can only really afford the £200 court fee for the c100 and as I get no legal aid I cant afford a mediator.

Any help would be great.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 May 12 #331517 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi MaxWan,

Who moved would be considered. Do you have the agreement of each doing a leg of the journey in writing? Have your ex''s circumstances changed financially?

As you are unemployed and not receiving benefits - I take it you are not financially supporting your child?

From her perspective; You moved away, you pay no CM, she can''t afford a 200 mile round trip.

Its a difficult one!


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11