A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Son is refusing contact

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 May 12 #333252 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
The thing is applying for enforcement can appear as controlling and aggressive if it''s done after just one or two missed contacts. It''s better to apply when you can demonstrate a pattern of contact being denied. Also the courts need to ensure that there was no reasonable excuse for not complying with an order before contact can be enforced. Children resist contact for a variety of reasons and it may take an impartial professional working with the family to establish the root cause.

  • BIGFOOT600
  • BIGFOOT600's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 May 12 #333258 by BIGFOOT600
Reply from BIGFOOT600
It has been a pattern of 3 full years that contact has been denied for one reason or another its just since contact was ordered outside the centre it is, at its worst. The reason as to why my son does not want to see me is due to my ex having a new partner and wanting me out the way so he can become the father of my child and getting my son to hate me and not want anything to do with me and telling him what I done to his mother.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.