A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Advice on absentee wife and child

  • Now Gone From Wiki
  • Now Gone From Wiki's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Jul 12 #341379 by Now Gone From Wiki
Topic started by Now Gone From Wiki
My wife walked out on Thursday last week without warning and took our 11 year old son. Since then she has cut off communication and I am not aware where she or our son is. She had an operation in May that can cause various emotional problems and because of that and the fact she''s kept our son out of school I involved the Police. The Police found her and say she and my son are safe. Social Services are investigating because of the unlawful absence of my son.

I have no way of contacting her or my son and am keen to see him. She has changed her phone and turned his off. There''s also no real friebds she could''ve run too except our 25 year old son but he has been very aggressive when questioned and refuses to give any information. I could go to his house but am keen to avoid conflict.

Given the above points, and the feedback from the Police, I have two questions;

1. Any useful/practical advice on what I can do to get access to my son?

2. Any advice on coping with the stress during this period?

  • colours
  • colours's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Jul 12 #341527 by colours
Reply from colours
You go to court and obtain an ex-parte order for return of your son to the matrimonial home and custody.

Visit Families need Fathers for advice and attend their nearest branch meeting. Central London is best if you can access it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11