A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

And The Police Took Her Away.

  • When_Will_It_End
  • When_Will_It_End's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Jul 12 #343824 by When_Will_It_End
Topic started by When_Will_It_End
Mine is a long story, I have been seperated/divorced for 3 years and had to fight for contact with my daughter. I have asked for shared residence however we always reached agreement on contact before the final hearing. Our order was reviewed in January by the district judge. I had said there was no need to go back to court, however my ex than raised allegations that I was abusing my daughter, that I wasn''t sticking to the contact order and wanted it enforced. I had shown the judge that it was actually her that was not sticking to the order, one recent contact she was unavailable, the police declined to get involved although the call centre did speak to my ex and she told them I could collect my daughter the following day.

I received an an email afterwards saying "she was with a friend who is pregnant and needed protecting from people coming and waving their contact orders demanding to remove their child". The judge reprimanded her for this.

The allegations of abuse were untrue. I told the Judge that if there was fear for my daughter''s safety I would happily give up contact while it was investigated. The judge returned my letter (with court stamp, there was no investigation), contact continued.

She was told by the judge if she wanted the order enforced then she should make her own application and the order would be reviewed pending that application.

The application was never sent and between then and now the ex has changed the order on a monthly basis. However my story begins here,My ex wife has been able to circumvent making an application to enforce by using the police.

The order states holidays have to be agreed by a certain date, she refuses to do so and gives both myself and the school false dates. I know they are going away this week.

For the last 3 weeks my daughter has been unwell, a really bad cough possibly chest infection. Ex would not take her to the Drs. Yesterday after another night coughing and being sick, I arranged an appointment at her GP,they could only se her the following day, we let her stay in bed and recover ready for her holiday. I informed the school and her mum, by phone, text and email, I said I would take her to the Drs in the morning then return her to her mum. She was not well enough to make the 30 mile journey. I heard nothing.

Then at 9pm last night a knock on the door, a single police officer, we invited her in and she proceeded to undertake a "welfare check", we discussed the drs appointment and confirmed it was her own GP, that we had notified her mother, who on previous occasions when she was ill had emailed that she was to stay.

The officer then told me that the mother was capable of taking her to a Drs appoinment and told me she was removing my daughter from our care.

My daughter was devastated and ran upstairs followed by the officer, we tried to console her however the officer told us if we did not go back downstairs we would be arrested. This made her even worse. My daughter would not leave, I tried to console her and encourage her, the officer said it is only a short drive. I challenged the officer that it was 30 miles and she was unwell. The officer replied she was not the one who was taking her home. I asked where she was going, the officer told us "the police station" this made my daughter hysterical. She was dragged from our home by the officer who held onto her right wrist. I tried to support her to the car, I even offered to go with them and drive her however I was told if I did not stay in the house I would be arrested.

I have received texts today from my daughter and ex wife that she has no school uniform or various items for her holiday as they were left hear and would I take them to her.

A child should not have to go through this especially at 12 years old, she was petrified. I am disgusted with the police service.

Why did this happen because the mother had tried to contravene the order and for the second year running provided false holiday dates. I am currently passing all our information to the police as a complaint.

This is not the first time I have had to complain, in 2010 I was reported for Harrassment, The police stated that asking for contact with a child does not constitute harrassment. In 2011 I was reported for stealing post (I had found out she was going on holiday). The police reported the allegation was untrue, the school had informed me of the holiday.

I understand the views of others who are concerned about derogratory posts regarding exspouses, when they are able to support their ex''s and work together in the interests of the child, however sometimes, just sometimes, you cannot.:(

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jul 12 #343829 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Is there a residence order in favour of the mother?

  • When_Will_It_End
  • When_Will_It_End's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Jul 12 #343833 by When_Will_It_End
Reply from When_Will_It_End
Hi Fiona,

There is no residence indicated on the current order.

I did ask for shared residency in the application, again I agreed to trial this order to maintain stability.

Because I didn''t push for shared residency in the first order. It was written that she would reside with the mother.

However this was not written in the current order.

I have parental responsibility.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.