A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Residency Order

  • Jenniferisathome
  • Jenniferisathome's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Jul 12 #344516 by Jenniferisathome
Topic started by Jenniferisathome
Can I apply direct to court for a residence order for my 10 yr old son without using a solicitor? He currently lives with his father under difficult circumstances.

  • jumpingthroughhoops
  • jumpingthroughhoops's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
21 Jul 12 #344524 by jumpingthroughhoops
Reply from jumpingthroughhoops
Yes,You need to fill out form C100,and a C1a if you you believe there to be any risk to child. Forms available online. Print 3 copies and take down to your local court with the fee (which was £175 when I did it but may have gone up. form EX160A will tell you if you need to pay or qualify for reduced or none payment.

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Jul 12 #344543 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
That''s correct, form C100. The charge is £200 now but can be waived if you''re on income-related benefits.

You have to fill in the form in triplicate, so I would suggest going to the HMCTS (Her Majesty''s Courts and Tribunals Service) web site. You can download a pdf file from there which you can fill in on the computer and print 3 copies.

You don''t need a solicitor to do this for you, the start of the process is quite easy, though you may want or need a solicitor further down the line.

Also, proof-read your form before you fill it in. Get someone else to do it for you. When I printed mine off, certain boxes that had been ticked didn''t print as ticked.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11