A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Ex taking daughter to France - Update

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Jul 12 #346167 by madaboutcars
Topic started by madaboutcars
For those that have been following my case where my ex has decided to take my daughter to France without my consent, i have submitted papers and the Court has granted an emergency hearing for the 10th August.

I have two questions - if the ex plans to be in France on the hearing date, what happens - can she ask for an ajournment???

My second questions is - HELP - what do i take with me for this 15 minute hearing - what paperwork do I need to collate, is it a full statement??

  • zonked
  • zonked's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Jul 12 #346266 by zonked
Reply from zonked
I think the best thing to do would be to draft a position statement. A couple of pages. Setting out the points you want to make..what orders you want, why you want them.

By doing so it will cut down the amount of talking you need to do, sets out your agenda clearly, makes sure that you don''t overlook any points on the day.

Copies to be served on ex and court in advance of the hearing, take additional copies with you just in case.

If you contact fnf you could source someone to assist in drafting somthing.

If the ex does not show up on the day...it''s to tricky to guess what will happen. If your applying for the pso you would i guess press on and ask for it to be heard ex-parte. For the residence order you would hope the hope would still give some Directions.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.