A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Residence and social services

  • Mouse33
  • Mouse33's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Aug 12 #352439 by Mouse33
Topic started by Mouse33
Hi. More advice needed please. Following an assault on me by my STBX which was witnessed by my daughter the pice have gone a bit quiet re whether or not she is being charged but social devices have visited at both homes and said they do have some concerns. Mainly around her anger issues and her chastisement of the kids. I have applied for residence stating that I have concerns for their welfare. Question .... How long will it take to get to court snd eill the judge hear from the social ? They intend to see the kids again in school.
Thanks in advance.

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Aug 12 #352467 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
A normal application would take about a month to get to first hearing from handing in your C100 (and C1A). It will probably be about 6 months before a final hearing is scheduled and a decision is made.

You may be able to make a time abridged application, which in my case took 2 weeks. The disadvantage of this was that CAFCASS hadn''t had time to do their safeguarding checks so nothing got done towards the residence issue at the first hearing. If you do this you also fill in form C2

If your concerns are very serious, for example the children are at imminent risk of harm (which it doesn''t sound like from the situation you''ve described) you may be able to get an ex parte residence order. Unless there are more serious concerns though, I would suggest this is probably not too likely.

Do you have a solicitor?

  • Mouse33
  • Mouse33's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
29 Aug 12 #352647 by Mouse33
Reply from Mouse33
Thanks for the info. Have a solicitor but trying to do as much as possible myself. STBX assaulted me whilst i was holding my daughter and has confirmed this to social services so I''m hoping I won''t have to wait too long for court but wanted to get an idea.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.