A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Need urgent advice

  • DrDaddy
  • DrDaddy's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Sep 12 #357483 by DrDaddy
Reply from DrDaddy
carl1174 wrote:

My ex is now refusing to hand the chldren back over to me tonight and is saying that the next time I see them will be on her terms. Will this influence an emergency residence order (which she says she is going to apply for), do they grant them regardless of circumstance, or will the wants of the children (7, 8 and 12) be taken in to account. She is emotionally blackmailing them and causing them stress, making them cry as they want to see me etc etc... but it doesnt seem to matter in any official eyes.

I just cant understand what I am supposed to do. I just ant to see my kids and have joint residence as she agreed initially until I found a new partner and now she wont let me see them!!!

She is bullying you, and using the law to threaten you, but has no basis for applying for an emergency order as far as I can see. Indeed, it is you that should be applying for an emergency order, since she won''t let you see your children.

At the moment you are reacting to her, and allowing her to intimidate you. If you are not sure what to do, see a solicitor asap (like tomorrow), but convince yourself that you don''t have to take this cr@p from her!

  • carl1174
  • carl1174's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
23 Sep 12 #357484 by carl1174
Reply from carl1174
thanks I think ill apply for an emergency residence order. She has legal aid and will obviously contest it. Can I aply for emergency JOINT residence, or do I have to try to go for full custody?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11