A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Breaching a court order

  • acfair
  • acfair's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
14 Oct 12 #360956 by acfair
Topic started by acfair
I got an indirect court order in August which means that my ex-partner is only allowed access via indirect gifts and cards at birthday and Christmas.

However today at Harvest Festival in church - my ex turned up in breach of the court order so I had to take the children out of church very quickly.

What steps do I need to take now? Do I tell the police? Do I contact the court? Do I contact his solicitor?

What action will be taken against him? my son was absolutely hysterical!

Any advice gratefully received.


  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Oct 12 #361014 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
Does your ex usually attend that church or was the attendance a deliberate attempt to make contact with you and your son?

Unless there is a history of violence or harassment, the police are unlikely to be interested in this ''civil matter''.

The first port of call would be the solicitor but if they no longer have instructions they will write back stating this at which point you will have to write directly to your ex.


  • acfair
  • acfair's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Oct 12 #361163 by acfair
Reply from acfair
No my ex does not usually attend that church - it was a blatant attempt to see the children.

There is a history of violence and he is an alcoholic. CAFCASS filed 4 reports stating that the children had suffered psychological damage as a result of my ex''s actions.

I have reported it to the police and they have told me it was a blatant breach of contact order. They suggested if it happens again to contact them straightaway.

I have sent an email to both the Judge and his solicitor and my ex informing him that I will have no hesitation in calling the police if the situation arises again.

Thanks for your advice

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.